Carey Bernini Dowling
Ph. D., Stony Brook University, 2011
M.A., Stony Brook University, 2008
B.A., James Madison University, 2003
Dr. Dowling’s research interests are broadly related to the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, the prevention of externalizing behavior problems through parenting interventions, and the promotion of optimal development in children, adolescents, and their families.
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Effective parenting strategies, especially preemptive parenting strategies
- Dissemination of effective parenting strategies as primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention
- Psychology of Parenting
- Integrative Approaches to Psychopathology
- Introduction to Psychology
- Seminar on College Teaching
Dr. Dowling does not accept graduate students.